Classic cars are more than just “old cars”. They are treasures that we baby and pamper and should be insured with the same care that they are maintained and driven. Here’s 5 things to look for in a classic car insurance policy.
Classic Car Insurance Features
- “Guaranteed” or “Agreed” valuation. Regular auto policies value a vehicle at its current, depreciated market value. You and the insurance company need to agree up front what the value of your vehicle is.
- Repair shop of choice. The last thing you want if for your baby to be taken to the “repair shop of choice” of the insurance company. We’re sure you don’t let just anyone touch your car.
- Spare parts coverage. You likely have a number of replacement parts stored away. They tend to accumulate, and you want to make sure they are properly covered as well.
- Drive to work coverage. Some policies only provide coverage for pleasure use, but who hasn’t rolled up to work in the old convertible on sunny spring day? Make sure you’re covered for the occasional non-pleasure use of your classic vehicle.
- In House Claims Staff. Make sure your insurance company has claims staff on payroll, and doesn’t outsource their claims function. Classic cars can be much more expensive to repair and you need a knowledgeable claims staff that understands this.
Dawson Insurance offers a variety of classic car insurance policies from several different companies. As an independent insurance agency, we bring you choices because no two situations are identical. Call us today for a quote on your classic car insurance.
About Dawson Insurance
The first independent insurance agency in Dawson County, Dawson Insurance has a history of excellence since 1964. Located in Dawsonville, Georgia, we also offer unparalleled service and competitive quotes to personal and business insurance clients in Cumming, Gainesville, Alpharetta and throughout the entire State of Georgia.