Boating season is here and we want everyone to have a great summer out on the water. But first, we’d like to remind you about boating safety. Boating can be extremely dangerous, but as long as you’re prepared and follow some simple tips you can greatly reduce the risk to you and your family.
Boating Safety Tips
- First and foremost, wear a life jacket and require all your passengers to wear one as well.
- Don’t drink: Alcohol affects judgment, vision, balance and coordination
- Take a safety course: 7 out of 10 boating incidents are caused by operator error
- Get a free vessel safety check; contact a local volunteer here
- Know about carbon monoxide; this odorless, colorless poisonous gas is emitted by all combustion engines and onboard motor generators
We offer insurance all sorts of personal watercraft and their trailers. Contact Us for a free review of your existing boat insurance policy or a quote for your new boat or personal watercraft.
About Dawson Insurance
The first independent insurance agency in Dawson County, Dawson Insurance has a history of excellence since 1964. Located in Dawsonville, Georgia, we also offer unparalleled service and competitive quotes to personal and business insurance clients in Cumming, Gainesville, Alpharetta and throughout the entire State of Georgia.